May 8, 2020
It has been over six weeks since our community has closed most of its businesses due to the coronavirus pandemic. We hope that all of you are doing well. Drs. Calvin and Sonia Kim and Dental Team would like to share with you, our patients, the latest news about our office.
We have great news, which is that we will be resuming our regular schedule of seeing all patients starting on Monday May 11, following the new guideline from the State of California through the California Department of Public Health. Because we understand that many people are very concerned with being in a safe environment, we want to let you know that we have been committed to the highest standards of infection control even before the pandemic and now are even more committed to ensure that our office is as clean as it can be. To help us achieve this, local and state authorities have required us to ask that:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting cold/flu symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, unexplained fever (≥100.4º F), chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and/or new loss of taste or smell within the prior two weeks, please cancel and reschedule your dental appointment.
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently returned from a trip or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
- Please be mindful of keeping physical distance of 6 feet and to wear a cloth or surgical mask before you enter our office, in accordance with the city of Goleta guideline for all essential businesses.
While our team members have already been practicing the highest quality of infection control, we have implemented even more rigorous precautionary measures since the start of this pandemic:
- We are limiting the number of people in the office and the reception area, in accordance with local and state guidelines. In order to accomplish this, we will only let in one patient at a time. If you have an appointment with us, please knock on the door or call us and we will open the door for you.
- In addition to the more rigorous and frequent infection control procedure that were implemented, we have been making sure that all potentially contaminated surfaces are thoroughly disinfected in between each patient with a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Our staff have been using proper handwashing protocol and any team members who may feel sick will be instructed to stay home. Our staff are required to wear appropriate PPE's (personal protective equipment), including gown, mask (N95 or KN95 if available), face shield and gloves during dental procedures.
- For your safety, we are offering hand sanitizers for your use at the front desk.
- Please use our secure online registration system (implemented in January of this year) to register or update your health, insurance or personal information to minimizes wait time at the office and to facilitate physical distancing measures.
- Our dental office has always been equipped with an air purification system; currently we are using the IQ Air air purification unit to help eliminate fine aerosol particles, bacteria, viruses and mercury vapors.
If you have any questions, please call us and we would be glad to help you answer any questions or concerns you have. Please return to this webpage for any new updates or changes to our office policy. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Link to California Department of Public Health guidance for Dental Offices:
Statement of Nondiscrimination - ACA Section 1557
Calvin S. Kim, D.M.D. and Sonia Y. Kim, D.M.D. complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.